Sexy and Single – Custom Kitchen Design
Remember that little promise I made to share with you a kitchen I designed for a sexy and single chef from London, England?
First things first…let’s take a look at this hunk of meat! Vegetarian? Let’s take a look at this hunk of grilled tofu! Ding Dong!
I mentioned he is single, right? And he cooks. If he is a dog lover – we can keep him.
- Harry Davis
- Professional Chef (and television actor)
- Location: London, England (originally Australia)
- Lives in small flat
- Entertains by cooking for family and friends frequently
- Prefers to grocery shop every other day for the freshest ingredients possible
- Custom kitchen island
- Grow fresh herbs
- Lots of prep space
- Limited sunlight
- No outdoor area
- Small space
- Grow herbs indoors using an inset basin, creating a custom kitchen island
- Focal point achieved
- Concur low level sunlight with grow lamp
- Provide storage for herbs with drying rack on side of island
- Mini refrigerator replaces full sized – frees up counter space – thus adding prep space
Here is a quick rendering to give you an idea of what I designed for Harry:
- Cleverly concealed grow light
- Chef friendly flooring and countertop material
- Comfortable seating for lengthy meals
- Stylish bachelor decorating concept
A few spec’s:
Slim black framed windows define the sleek cabinetry, while narrow shelving positioned along the pastoral brick wall holds a variety of oils and vinegars. A quintessential British blue AGA range adds a bachelor nod. The mini refrigerator is an ideal choice for someone who small batch shops frequently and needs as much prep space as possible. Herbs grown in a basin are an arm’s length away, courtesy of a smartly concealed grow light. Inviting seating located at the island with a countertop that boasts space to dine. Cushioned cork flooring and durable, easy care quartz countertops round out this true chef’s kitchen.
Welcome to your brand new kitchen Harry!
What are you cooking for us? I’d like this, please! Anyone else? What would you like Harry to cook for you?
I’ve missed you my lovelies!
Yours in Décor,